- Move In
Welcome to your new home! The entire staff at PCVST is dedicated to doing everything we can to make your move as smooth as possible. We take great pride in our community and ask that you adhere to the following procedures to make your move easy for you and your neighbors.
1. Select A Moving Company
- If you are planning to move yourself, or have already chosen a moving company, feel free to skip to STEP 2: Schedule Your Move-In Time Slot.
- If you need to select a mover, there is no need to worry or spend hours shopping the countless moving companies that service the five boroughs and beyond.
- As a new resident, you have exclusive access to the free moving coordination services provided by OVAL Concierge, PCVST’s on-site concierge! Just call (212) 375-8110 and a concierge staff member will ask you a few questions about the date and size of your move, then make all of the scheduling arrangements you’ll need in order to obtain free estimates from one or more of their pre-screened, reputable movers. Due to their long-standing relationship with OVAL Concierge, these high quality vendors have agreed to special deals that could save you anywhere between $100 and $400.
- OVAL Concierge is located at 17A Stuyvesant Oval on the First Avenue Loop road.
2. Submit your Moving Company’s Certificate of Insurance
Note: You can skip this step if you are using an OVAL Concierge mover (see STEP 1).Provide your moving company with the accompanying sheets and ensure that they send a Certificate of Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (212) 375-8119 prior to your move-in date. Click here to see a "sample" COI. Movers' Certificate of Insurance should contain the following info:
- Exact building address in the description area
- Certificate Holder: CompassRock Real Estate LLC
- Additional Insureds: list ALL entities appearing under the “Additional Insureds”
3. Schedule Your Move-In Time Slot
- Fill out the accompanying STEP 3 form.
- Send the completed form to email@example.com or fax to (212) 375-8119. To contact a representative please call (212) 420-5000. An email will be sent to you confirming your appointment.
- All move-ins must be scheduled at least 10 days in advance. Please choose either the morning shift (7am to 1pm) or the afternoon shift (1pm to 7pm). Scheduled move-ins are permitted 7 days-a-week. You cannot move-in before the day your lease starts.
4. Set Up the Appointment to Activate Your Telephone/Internet Service(s) Before Your Move
- Call OVAL Concierge at (212) 375-8110 for free assistance and resident-only specials on the activation of TV, internet or phone service with Verizon FiOS or RCN (Time Warner Cable is available on property but cannot be setup through Oval Concierge).
- All new residents have exclusive access to free telecom activation services provided by OVAL Concierge! Call (212) 375-8110 and a concierge staff member will ask you a few questions regarding your telecom needs and take you through the sign-up process in as few as 15 minutes. Best of all, there’s no need to speak with three different customer service representatives.
- Whether your move will take place in just a few days or is still weeks away, it’s not too early to activate your TV, internet and phone service(s) to ensure they’re available by the time you arrive.
- Please call OVAL Concierge at the number above for Verizon FiOS and RCN rates and packages.
5. Pick Up Your Keys/Access Cards
Your keys will be available the day before your lease start-date at the times noted below and can be picked-up at the Management Office/Resident Services, located at 276 First Avenue Loop. Please contact your New Resident Liaison regarding the key pickup date if your lease start coincides with a holiday. Please keep in mind that occupants listed on the lease cannot pickup keys. After the lease begins, keys can be picked up on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 4:00-6:00PM and Tuesdays and Thursdays between 4:00-8:00PM.Please note that the New Tenant Liaison office is closed on Sunday, we are only able to distribute keys 6 days-a-week. If your lease begins on a Monday, we will provide the keys as early as the Saturday preceding the lease-start date. Please refer to the key pick-up schedule below.
Early Key/Access Card Pick-Up Schedule:
Lease Start Day Key Pick-Up Day Time Monday Friday 4:00-6:00PM Tuesday Monday 4:00-6:00PM Wednesday Tuesday 4:00-8:00PM Thursday Wednesday 4:00-6:00PM Friday Thursday 4:00-8:00PM Saturday/Sunday Friday 4:00-6:00PM*New Resident Liaison office is closed on SundaysKeys for Tenants of Record: Only the Tenant of Record (official leaseholder) is authorized to pick up keys and access cards. You must show photo identification to receive these items. If you're unable to pick up your keys by the time listed above, please contact the New Resident Liaison to make alternate arrangements.
- The first lease holder to sign for the keys will receive all 3 sets of keys. Each set includes a key to your apartment and your mailbox.
- Each Tenant of Record and registered occupant will receive a photo Access Card. The Card will include a photograph and the property logo. Card readers are located at both entrances to your building. The access card also serves as your property identification card.
- Although you will have possession of your apartment key and access card prior to your lease start date, the key card will not be activated until that date. Prior to your Lease start date you will not have access to your building or apartment.Additional Keys: As the Tenant of Record you may order additional keys. To place an order call Resident Services at (212) 420-5000 or complete a PCVST Resident Key Request Form at the Management Office (276 First Avenue Loop). A fee is charged for each key requested. This fee will be added to your rent bill and will remain on your bill whether or not keys are picked up. Key orders placed before 3PM Monday-Thursday will be available for pick up on that Friday. Orders placed on Friday will be ready for pick up on the following Monday.The Tenant of Record must show photo identification to pick up keys. Your keys will be held in Management Office for 30 days. After that time, the keys will be returned to our maintenance department and for security purposes will be destroyed. The Management Office is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00AM-6:00PM, Tuesday & Thursday 8:00AM-8:00PM, and Saturday 9:00AM-5:30PM. The Office is closed on Sunday.Additional Access Cards: As the Tenant of Record you may request from Management the issuance of Access Cards for your guest(s). To receive an Access Card, the Tenant of Record must accompany their employee or guest to the Management Office (276 First Avenue Loop). The employee/guest must show photo identification to obtain his/her Access Card. The Management Office is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00AM-6:00PM, Tuesday & Thursday 8:00AM-8:00PM, and Saturday 9:00AM-5:30PM. The Office is closed on Sunday.E-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 420-4949.
6. Move–In On Your Scheduled Appointment Date
- Please be considerate of your neighbors during your move.
- Moving trucks may only be parked on the loop road nearest to your building: the First Avenue Loop, 14th Street Loop, 20th St. Loop, the Avenue C Loop or Peter Cooper Road. Parking on pedestrian pathways is prohibited.
- Move-ins are only permitted through the terrace level (ST) or lower level (PCV) entrance of your building. Please check this entrance in advance so that you can inform your mover about steps or other building features.
- One of the building’s two passenger elevators will be protected with padding. This is the elevator you should use for your move. Use of both elevators is not permitted. All moves must be completed within your scheduled time frame. Elevators are not available for use after 7pm.
- Elevator and door dimensions should be kept in mind when ordering/moving furniture. All furniture should be properly wrapped to protect lobby, elevator and corridor walls. (ST dimensions; PCV dimensions)
- PCVST does not provide ramps, hand trucks, or dollies.
- You are responsible for any damage incurred to the building or property during your move. Propping open, holding or tying open any door (entrance, elevator) poses a security risk and is strictly prohibited.
- Refuse/garbage or packing materials should not be left outside your door, in the hallway or any place other than designated areas. All recyclable materials including boxes should be deposited in the recycling area located on the lower level (LL) or the terrace (T) level of your building. Bulk items should be dropped-off according to this schedule.
- E-mail your questions to email@example.com or call Resident Services at (212) 420-5000.
7. Sign Up for the PCV OR ST Resident Portal
Click here, and register in order to:
- Submit maintenance requests 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.
- See your laundry room activity in real-time with LaundryView.
8. Sign Up for the PCVST E-Newsletter
Click here and register in order to stay current on the latest news, events, and happenings around the property.
9. Begin Exploring Your Community
Visit the OVAL Amenities Membership Center, located at 1 Stuyvesant Oval (adjacent to OVAL Cafe), to learn about the many amenities and services available to PCVST residents.
10. Noise Policy
As a member of the PCVST community we ask that you be mindful of your living environment and the impact your day-to-day conduct has on your neighbors and our residential community. Since your home is part of a multiple dwelling community and noise travels easily from apartment to apartment, it is expected that you will do everything possible to diminish the transmission of sound and noise. Here are some noise dampening suggestions:
- Carpet your apartment in accordance with the terms of your Lease. Your lease requires that rugs or carpeting must cover 80% of all floors at all times. Floor covering is not required in the kitchen or bathroom
- Listen to movies and music at an acceptable level. Use headphones for late-night listening
- Talk, entertain guests, play video games, or participate in other activities in ways that do not infringe on your neighbors’ right to quietly enjoy and utilize their apartment
- Place all home entertainment equipment off the floor and away from attached or shared walls
- Place thick padding under exercise equipment
- Refrain from walking around in hard or high heel shoes
- Be mindful and considerate of neighbors during traditionally quiet hours (late night and early morning)It is recommended that you add these items to your pre-move-in “to do” list. Questions should be directed to the PCVST Carpet Inspections Group at firstname.lastname@example.org. Report noise complaints to Public Safety at 212-598-5233. Founded complaints are addressed by Management through an aggressive notification and response process.
11. Things to Know
- Door nameplates are normally installed within three weeks after your Lease starts. The mailbox directories are updated each month. Only the names of the Tenants of Record are listed.
- Hot and cold water, heat, gas and electricity are included in your monthly rent.
- Your intercom number will be provided by your leasing agent/coordinator and can be found inside your key packet. It will be updated within two weeks of your moving in. Only the names of the Tenants of Record are listed.
- To help maintain a pleasant living environment, 80% of all floors at all times must be covered with carpeting or area rugs. It is recommended that you add this item to your pre-move-in “to-do” list. Failure to comply with this requirement is a violation of your lease agreement. Please note that after your move-in, the Carpet Inspection Group will contact you to schedule a carpet inspection.
- Brackets for shades, blinds, and curtain rods should be attached to the side and front of the steel casement frame that surrounds the window. These items should not be affixed to the window frame or the walls. A #6 gauge sheet metal screw should be used. This type of screw will fit the existing holes and will hold the brackets securely.Mail is delivered by the U.S. Postal Service. The following information should be included in your mailing address:Your Name
New York, NY 10009 (Stuyvesant Town) 10010 (Peter Cooper Village)Direct your maintenance issues to your new tenant liaison, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. During evening hours and weekends please contact Resident Services at 212-420-5000 #3.Screens may be purchased for the windows in your apartment. Call Resident Services at (212) 420-5000 #3 to place an order. Once purchased and installed, the screens become the resident’s property. Any screens left behind after you vacate your apartment will become the property of Peter Cooper Village/Stuyvesant Town.Windows guards are required by law to be installed in all windows in the apartment when a child ten years of age or younger lives in the apartment as well as in any apartment located on the Terrace, Main or First Floor. If window guards are not present when you move-in, please call Resident Services at (212) 420-5000 #3 to schedule an installation appointment. There is a nominal material fee.